Student & Young Adult Pastor
We are currently looking for somebody to join our lively staff team from September 2017 to lead work with students and young adults. We have an established link with students at Royal Holloway and many of our young people go on to study at universities around the country; others stay at home to work or study. Our Student and Young Adult Pastor will come alongside these young adults, supporting their journey of faith in many different ways and encouraging the involvement of the whole church family with students and those of student age.
We need somebody who:
- Has a strong personal faith
- Has had some form of theological training / education
- Has an understanding of the experiences of university students and young adults in the 21st century
- Is excited about teaching and sharing the Gospel and experienced in doing so
- Enjoys working as part of a team but is not afraid of working on their own initiative
- Is flexible, enthusiastic, organised and has a sense of humour
- Salary is £25,503 gross
If you feel God may be calling you to this role then please contact Annette Ross, Operations Manager, Christ Church, Christchurch Road, Virginia Water GU25 4LD as soon as possible, requesting an application form.
We are looking for a welcoming Church Administrator to work part time (weekday mornings preferred) at our busy Church office. The role will include co-ordinating volunteers; managing the Church Database; answering the phone; managing the advertising for our Parish Magazine; routine Church Administration and the preparation of news sheets; website posts and printed material for services held at Church. The successful candidate will:
- Have a warm and welcoming personality
- Be competent in administration
- Have experience of working alongside volunteers
- Be effective in working as part of a team
- Be computer literate and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and willing to learn new systems)
- Be able to take initiative; demonstrate sensitivity and apply common sense
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian. The salary will be £10 per hour for 22.5 hours per week, initial 12 month contract. See attached for a detailed Job Description and Application Form for further information please contact:
Annette Ross, Operations Manager, Christ Church, Christchurch Road, Virginia Water, Surrey, GU25 4PT.
Tel: 01344 844946 or email: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Midnight, Friday 2 June 2017